| or Call: 606.528.5001

Tweet Me!


Legal insights and tips from the veteran Attorney of 40 years.


As we advised before, each of you should have the following coverage:

  • Liability

  • Property Damage

  • PIP - increase above $10,000

  • Un-insured

  • Under-insured


You should discuss each with your local agent, obtain coverage amounts you can afford and stack where possible.

Incase of an accident/collision;

  1. Always call the police.

  2. Take photos - phones are a great tool.

  3. Get name and address of witnesses - they may leave before police arrive.

  4. If injuries, care for and wait for the police and ambulance.

  5. If you are injured go to the ER, follw up with your doctor.

  6. If you are just shaken up go to the ER - you may not be able to get out of bed in the morning - don’t just tough it out - your PIP (Personal Injury Protection) is no fault and will pay your medical expenses. Do not use your health insurance or medical card - they want to be reimbursed. You do not reimburse PIP.

  7. Air Evac has become very popular, but not always necessary. If you are alert, you can decline and go to a local hospital. The Air Evac will cost $40,000 +/-. Understand the Air Evac is basically unregulated and a money maker - if you don’t need it, don’t use it.

  8. Obtain the police report.

  9. Do not make a recorded statement to the other insurance company. They are not there to help you.

  10. Contact your agent, fill out your PIP form.

  11. Contact your attorney.


Contact Us

For a meeting with one of our lawyers, call our office in Corbin at 606.528.5001. Personal injury and bankruptcy clients are entitled to a free initial consultation. We maintain flexible office hours to accommodate your needs.

Please Note: David Smith, Marcia Smith are independent attorneys with individual areas of practice.